Ann Vossen started her work on congenital cytomegalovirus (cCMV) infection 15 years ago and has contributed to the understanding of the epidemiology, clinical consequences, prevention and therapy of this congenital infection.
She has initiated and led two large national research projects, the CROCUS study is a large retrospective study on disease burden of cCMV in the Netherlands and the CONCERT study is a study of the efficacy of six weeks oral valganciclovir in children with cCMV and isolated hearing loss.
Department of Medical Microbiology, Leiden University Medical Center, the Netherlands
- Associate Professor of Clinical Virology
- Consultant clinical virologist
- Chair European Congenital CMV Initiative (ECCI)
- Advisory council European Society for Virology
- Member of the board of the CMV foundation (a foundation for parents with children with congenital CMV infection)
List of publications: ORCID Author ID: 6701661973